Colorful Eyeliner: Not just for professionals!
With the winter quickly fading away its time to get bold with your make-up choices! We know that colorful eyeliner can be a little scary to put on, but if done well colorful liner can really make your eyes stand out! Here are some great tips on how to wear colorful eyeliners without looking like a clown:
1) Find a shade that works for you-- Maybe bright blue eyeliner just does not fit your skin tone, but that doesn't mean you have to stick with blacks, browns and greys! Experiment with purples, pinks, reds and more! There are tons of great colors to choose from that suit all skin tones!
2) Play down your other make-up-- If you are worried you'll look too over-the-top try to go more natural on your lips and cheeks. Let your bold eyes be the center of attention!
3) Add some black-- If you are worried that a color is to bright, according to an old Elle magazine article, the best tip is to add some black eyeshadow first! Then put the colorful eyeliner on top and the black shadow will take away a lot of the brightness! You'll still get the great color, but without the shine
4) Still worried about the color- try darker shades like navy! It'll add some color to your eyes but it'll still be subtle.
5) Make sure to choose the right brand! Afterall it's still eyeliner and the last thing you want is for it to start running! Try YSL's waterproof eye-pencil which comes in 6 great shades! It's long-lasting and will stay on rain or shine!